Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Delicious!!

I have *so* much to post about...I've had a really busy weekend! However, I just wanted to share a really yummy dish...vegetarian to boot! I don't have a formal recipe here, so here's what I did.

Slice up one large (I had/thus used 4 about the size of my fist) eggplant, and lightly saute both sides in olive oil. Grease a corning wear dish and lay the eggplant in. Cover with grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. The next layer is sliced tomatoes, then repeat the cheese layer...then it's a layer of sliced onion, repeat cheese layer and add some basil (fresh is yummy!). Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes. I served it over spinach fettuccine (lightly tossed with melted butter...but just very lightly to keep it from sticking together!)

I hope you like it! Delicious!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds DELICIOUS! I LOVE eggplant. My mom used to saute it and serve it baked with tomato sauce and mozarella cheese. Your variation sounds even better, and fresher, and the spinach fettuchine - what could be improved upon? I'm definitely going to try this within the next few days!