Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Week In Feminine Dress Day 1 (WIFD)

Every few months the ladies over on the Sense and Sensibility forum do something called a week in feminine dress. The idea is that we dress in a feminine way (usually this means skirts) for a week and post pictures of ourselves to encourage other ladies to try to do the same. It was started on the Ladies Against Feminism website as a way to prove that you can do all of your day to day things in skirts. I personally have yet to find something I can't do...you just have to use the right skirt for the job. ;-) So in addition to posting my pictures on the forum, I thought I'd post them here and invite you ladies to do the same. It's a fun reason to get a little bit dressed up! On a side note, Jenny just brought me that big green bulb syringe that the hospital gives you when you have a baby...it was being shoved up her nose while she squeezed it to both hands...all while dressed femininely of course! lol

7 comments:

Mama Manak said...

What a neat idea!!! I know Jason likes it when I wear skirts, but I seem to always be making excuses why not to wear them. I do feel much more feminine in them though... You both look so lovely!

Eliza Lois said...

You girls are so beautiful <3
I would join you...but I am currently in ripped jeans and my WVU sweatshirt--so my support remains verbal. Love you :*

YayaOrchid said...

Your outfit looks so pretty and feminine! Your little girl looks precious! Must go checkout the S&S board. I haven't visited in a couple of days.

Beth said...

I've never heard of that. I love skirts. I just need to stop making crayon rolls and aprons and make some warm, lined skirts that will keep me warm in New England fall / winter weather.

Your outfit looks very feminine and functional! Beth

Beth said...

Hi Tilly. For some reason all e-mails come through as 'no reply' so - I'll reply here.

NO - I never thought of petticoats. That sounds so up my alley. Any tutorials out there on the web for making one?

Beth

Keri said...

Awwww...Jenny is so cute. And I love your sweater!

Clare said...

You look lovely, Tilly! And how pretty your Miss Jenny is!

I'm so glad you could join us this time 'round!