Thursday, January 24, 2008

Butterflys in Winter!

While Jenny was busy with her morning pb&j (I know, not exactly the breakfast of champions, but it is the preferred breakfast of my little sweety!) I thought I would run and grab a few pictures of Jenny's new bedding. It won many cries of "Oh WOW Mama!" when we put in on this morning. :-D

This is the first time I've put rick-rack into a seam before...I think it turned out really cute!
Here you can see the fitted sheet (I combined instructions from a few different places, so if anyone wants to know what I did I can share!) and the pillow case. Isn't the cross my grandfather put on the bed neat?
This is how I did the corners of the quilt...I just folded it over to look something like a mitered corner, and trimmed away the extra fabric. I used a zig-zag stitch to hold down the edging.

I couldn't come up with a better angle for this shot, but it gives you the general idea of how it turned out. The pink and purple are the same print, just different colors, and both are shades found in the butterflies wings. At the top you can see what the backing fabric looks like...the stripes run all the way down the back of the fabric and have tiny white polka dots on them! :)Here's the whole thing all done up. Jenny couldn't wait to place "Mr. Bear Bear" on the pillow, all ready for nap time!The butterflies in the sheets reminded me of this butterfly that I painted on the wall over her bed. I'll miss this when we move!...I've thought about tracing it off so I can re-paint it on her new wall. :)

4 comments:

Clare said...

Tilly, that's just lovely! And so inspiring, too... We've had some heavy snowfall of late, and I think I'll have to make myself something as cozy and colorful to make the winter brighter.

Lauren Christine said...

It's SOOOOOOO Cute!!! I just adore the butterflies :) What a sweet momma.

Sommer said...

OH that looks so cozy! We put on our flannels recently...I need some for the girls!

Great work!

Eliza Lois said...

she is beautiful and i love her :-)