Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I know...it's not Christmas time yet...BUT...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate...egg nog is great, but generally only a small glass on Christmas/Eve
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? at our house, Santa wraps gifts for the stocking, with one peaking out the top...
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white lights, but for now we have white lights outside and colored lights for the tree...
4. Do you hang mistletoe? hmmm....I wonder if I could start doing that...anyone know where to find it???
5. When do you put up your decorations? right after thanksgiving, and in bits throughout Advent...
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? lol tacos :D
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? getting up at 11:30 to wrap the many, many quilts my dad had gotten my mom...he had wrapped them each individually earlier in the day and hidden them in my room. Then once she had gone to sleep, I got out the giant TV box and put them all in, then wrapped the whole giant box. :)
(Number 8 omitted for Santa reasons ;)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well last year Joe and I opened our gifts for each other that night once Jenny was in bed, then did Santa and Jenny's gifts the next morning, but I'm not sure if we'll do that again or not...it was so much fun! :)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With lights and lots of fun ornaments we got our first Christmas...I think this year though, I'm going to try to make some, and have Jenny help with some, so it's a little less nerve racking if she knocks it down! :)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!
12. Can you ice skate? no :(
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? um...I don't know...I've gotten so many great ones!! Probably my very first flannel "grownup" nightgown when I was about 10. But my first sewing machine is up there too!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays For you? I know this is the part to say it's celebrating the birth of Christ w/ family and friends, BUT my very FAVORITE thing about the holidays would have to be the smells....the food, the paper, the boxes that come in the mail, the candles, the cold, etc. etc. etc. :)
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? oh goodness, I have no idea
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? the decorating
17. What tops your tree? a pretty glittery coper star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving
19. What's your favorite Christmas song? I really like "The First Noelle", but I love almost all of them!
20. Candy Canes? eh, sure why not?
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Or Is it still
magical for you? both :)

No comments: