Monday, September 17, 2007

A Yummy!

These are the muffins I just made up this morning. (I'll try to add a picture later). They are sooo yummy! And healthy too-I used 1cup of W.W. flour, and 1cup of all purpose flour...and they don't taste "whole wheaty". :) I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!

Maple Almond Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1t. baking powder
1t. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) soft butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup real maple syrup
2 eggs
3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup almonds

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the maple syrup and the eggs and beat until well blended. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and beat until well blended. Stir in the almonds. Spoon thebatter into muffin tins (lined with papers), filling each about 3/4 full.
Bake at 375*F for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack and cool. ENJOY!! :)

2 comments:

Sommer said...

That does sound yummy! Do you think it would be good without the almonds? Fiona is allergic to nuts...but those sound so very tasty:-)

Lots of love,
Sommer

Sommer said...

Okay, another question:-) Do we use tablespoons or teaspoons for the baking powder and salt? I wasn't sure what your t. stands for as usually I see tablespoon as T. and teaspoon as tsp. Thanks for the help!