Friday, March 16, 2007

Gardens, Snow, and Vacation!

Well, that's an odd collection of things, I'll admit, but life is a bit odd right now. :) At the beginning of the week, I was outside planning my gardens and picnicking with Jenny and Joe out back with weather sunny and nearly 80*, and this morning I woke up at 7:00 to find no trace of sunlight, 30* temps and snow!

I'm currently charging my camera, and then I'll get some pictures loaded. :) Today I made a cute little gift for a baby shower I'm going to this weekend. They don't know the gender of the baby, so I made a white "sweet-pea" type gown (my first success with sewing knits!), and rubber stamped an orange moon and stars stamp onto the front of the bodice. I am really happy with how it turned out, and I think I'll make this type of gown my "staple" baby gift. :)

Now for the vacation...we leave on the 24th for DISNEY! :) Joe has a business conference down there and we'll get to spend an entire week there! I'm really looking forward to it, and am trying to get some of Jenny and my sewing done for the summer so that we can "break them in" on our trip. I think that vacation is the best time for new clothes.

Well I have to go give Jenny her medicine (she and I have bronchitis, and she also has a cold), and get her tucked into bed.

2 comments:

Eliza Lois said...

spanky, indeed

Eliza Lois said...

oh, and i'll be seeing you tmrw night...yes ma'am, you know where ;)