Sunday, December 03, 2006

Advent already??

Hello all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I certainly did!! :) We headed down to my grandparents' on Thursday morning and didn't have to come back until Tuesday morning! :) So Joe and I got to stay for the first few days of Cookie Week which is always fun. I got to make Daddy's Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies (I'll try to find some of the recipes to post later), and the cookie part of the Chocolate Dipped Coconut Bars. I also helped Max make a sugar and spice type of cookie and helped Joe (because it's more a two person job, not because he needs help ;) ) make the Raisin Filled Cookies. Yummy! :)

On the way home we went to Dayton's Farmer's Market and did a little Christmas shopping. It was so much fun! We went to 10,000 Villages and got some beautiful decorations for our house plus a few gifts. I also saw something really cool while at the farmer's market that I decided to replicate when I got home. It was three grapevine wreaths in decreasing size, attached to make the cutest, simplest snowman! And it had the most charming bow at the neck. Mine look a bit more primitive/dorky homemade, but all the cuter I think. I got the tiny wreathes from Micheal's for $.20 each (!!) and two coordinating Christmas ribbons, one 5/8" wide and the other 3/8" wide. I simply hot glued the top of one to the bottom of the next and then tied a (approx) 6" length of ribbon around it and in a square not while the glue dried. Then I attached the top wreath the same way and I really love how they turned out. I made a really fun one for my mom by adding a felt hat w/ a snipit of one of the ribbons, and gluing on two short cinnamon sticks for arms. :) She loved it and had yet another idea of you could make several snowmen with arms and simply glue the cinn. sticks together and attach two little felt mittens like they're holding hands...then you could just make as many as there were family members and it would be an adorable (though fragile) Christmas gift. Isn't that cute? My camera battery is dead, but I will try to post a picture if I can find my charge cord.

In other news, Jenny and I have had our first road trip. :) I drove up to PA this weekend to visit a long-time pen-pal of mine (for the first time!). It was a lovely trip, but we are both glad to be home after all the craziness of the week. Jenny did wonderfully and slept most of the time we were in the car. We had a movie night on Friday and then on Saturday we went to the outlet stores in/near Gettysburg. I found the cutest little jumper for Jenny at the Oshkosh outlets, and one store had an awesome sale on hat boxes...all the non-Christmas ones were $1.00!! :)

Well my wonderful husband has just made me an omelet so I must run and eat it while it's hot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

drop it like its hot baby.
**smooch**
looking forward to our date :)