Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Omah's House...

This is the long awaited post with pictures from my trip with Eliza to my grandparents' farm. :) I hope you all enjoy!! These first ones are from the "Loom Room" the best place in the world...



These are those new red dishtowels I mentioned in an earlier post. :) I LOVE weaving!!



Jenny loved playing with all the "goodies" she found...I think the giant pliers were her favorite. ;)



This is Eli working on her pretty glass...just look at those shelves in the background! :D


This wonderful chair is the best place in the world...I swear it makes you smarter and much more clever than you would normally be. :)




These are a few of the pretty yarns I got to choose from...



This is a shot of part of the dining room and their newly re-done kitchen. Eli was making Pizza sandwiches, and that's my Omah (grandmother in German) in the background...



Jenny loved it down there. She settled right in and was quick to learn the place where the cookies were hidden. :)



I'll see if Eli got some better pictures of these guys...the little guy on the chair on the left is my cousin Fain, then there's William, and then my Opah...perhaps not the most flattering picture...but this is what they did for lunch...ate off of their little trays and watched cartoons!! :)



This was my best atempt to get a picture of Jenny on the porch swing...she loved it, but wouldn't sit still!!



This is a full shot of the loom. It is so wonderful!! We've been getting to weave on it about as often as we can move the pedals with our feet!
I'll try to get more pictures up soon...but I have to get back to sewing!! Oh, and go check out my sister in law's new blog... www.forwillowsons.blogspot.com!!

1 comment:

Lauren Christine said...

Wow! I am so impressed by your weaving! I can't even fathom how to begin such a thing- I guess I would need an Omah would could weave too :) Lol! It looks like you had a wonderful time!