Monday, May 07, 2007

Will this cold never end?

This morning the house was so cold! I actually have the baseboards on in the bedrooms and dining room. I think I'm extra picky about it right now though because of this cold. :( I'm only about half way through it, but so far I don't have the cough that some people are getting with it. I esp. hate coughs so that's a blessing.

This morning I have completely emptied, scrubbed and re-organized my main kitchen cupboard...not the one with dishes, but the other one. :) Now the crockpot is where I can reach it, not up above my head, and I can actually find my measuring spoons. It's a good feeling. I also made baked oatmeal which is our breakfast for the week. It's really easy, here's the recipe:

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix all ingriediants and poor into 11x7 (I think that's right...one size down from 13x9) pan and bake at 350 for about 15-20 min. until knife comes out clean. Serve warm with maple syrup and milk. You can make up the ingredients the night before in a zip lock back and sort of mush them all together to mix. Store in fridge and just poor into pan and bake in the morning.

Jenny's up so that's all for now!

No comments: