Monday, February 19, 2007

Saturday's finds

Well, my Saturday started with a quick trip to the dollar store. I can't post pictures of what I got, because I re-stocked my gift box with some beautiful papers...I know that often things are "dollar store quality", but if you are good about checking sometimes you really find great things. This was one of those times. :)

After that Joe took me to JoAnn's in Winchester and then kept Jenny while he ran some errands so I got to browse baby free! They were having their big President's Day Sale so it was a great time to be there...Simplicity patterns were $.99!! :) So of course I stocked up on a few...

I thought this would be really cute for Jenny...it reminded me of the dresses my mom had as a little girl...

Before you ask, this isn't my way of telling anyone anything. Maternity patterns are nearly impossible to find (cute ones of), so when they have them I'm getting them! I learned my lesson last time when I could only find 2!!

This cute little pattern will probably be Jenny's Easter Bonnet pattern...I esp. like the one on the bottom right (with the big cuff)

This is the fabric and pattern for Jenny's easter dress. The print on the left will be the bodice and the middle tier, and the one on the right will be the 1st. and 3rd. tiers, and perhaps the sleeves? The lace is for the bottom. I really liked this one because it's allot like one I had when I was little.

This funky retro print is all mine. :) I'm going to make the skirt...let's see, it's in the second row, on the right in the picture...the white with polka dots. And the trim is for a band near the bottom. Wont it be fun for summer?? Seattle here I come! :)


This one I'm going to use to make the twins aprons for their birthday (shhh!)


And this little ducky print was just to cute to pass up. I'm sure it will eventually be a baby quilt or a sling or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant way of putting the fabric w/ the patterns....i am so 'borrowing' that skirt ;) lol